Monday, September 14, 2009
In this ground-seizing book, The Art of the Apology: How to Apologize Effectively to Practically Anyone, author Lauren Bloom has taken her years of expertise as a litigator and crafted a powerful reconciliation plan and mediation resource that can be used in both corporate and non-corporate settings. The book opens with a poignant question, "Why Apologize at All?" Bloom suggests four possible reasons from salvaging your relationships to it simply being the right thing to do.
I am moved by the detail with which Ms. Bloom provides advice that can be used in every day situations thus emphasizing the importance of cleansing our hearts and minds through apologies. The book is written in layman's terms indicating the author's desire to have the book transcend genres.
A well-thought dissertation on delivering effective apologies, steps to take prior to making the apology and the best timing for an apology. These are all indicators of the author's recognition of the central importance of apologies and forgiveness in humanity.
If you are building an organization of any form or involved in basic human relationships-this is a must read!
Lauren Bloom is a Washington D.C. attorney who writes, consults and speaks about business ethis and the art of the apology. She is also a contributing writer for TheStreet.com Purchase the book at www.theartoftheapology.com
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
While on vacation, in August, I took a few good books to read and Bob Bennett's Law or Grace topped the list. It is an in-depth study undertaken by Bennett to make a clear distinction between the Law of God versus the Grace of God.
Bennett carefully takes the reader through Scritpure after Scripture to ensure that the people of God and beyond know without a doubt that because of the shed blood of Jesus Christ, at Calvary and subsequent Resurrection, and the grace humanity received as a result--we are FREE!
As a Seminary Professor this book lines up with many of the required texts assigned to my students and should make its way to all Seminary recommended reading lists and to your book shelves.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
1. Ensure that you have the capacity to sustain the volume of business a new venture generates: DvineExpressions Book Club had a highly successful debut at the 2009 Book Expo America. The success has generated unspeakable business that we quite frankly were not prepared to handle.
2. All Self-Published Christian Books are not created Equally: I have read many books, both fiction and non-fiction, and have been pleasantly surprised and disappointed at the same time. However, the process has taught me that destructive criticism is not the call from God but constructive criticism with solutions is!
3. Consult with God with ALL aspects of the business! There are some opportunities that are not divinely scheduled-cancel them.
I have done some reading and want to share with you the great work happening in the body of Christ. Stay tuned for reviews of great books.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
1) Have a 30 second "Head Promo" of your book. What's a Head Promo? It is the sells pitch you walk, breath and live about your book. You are able to sum up your book in a 30-second sound bite. If you can't do that and you need a book mark or palm card to do it for you-then you've lost potentially as many sells as the number of people you encountered in a day.
2) Carry a copy of your book with you everywhere you go. Every person you meet is a potential customer. If you're on the bus, train, airplane, in a meeting, etc. There is a new opportunity to showcase your expertise in these settings-be prepared.
3) Be available to do workshops/presentations without a fee. As a new author your chief concern must be to sell books. As you begin to establish yourself as an expert in the field-speakers fees will become an expectation rather than a trade-off. Accept the invitation, wow them with your presentation and sell, sell, sell!
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
This 28-Day Guide to a changed heart and mind-set about money and a biblical view of authority over finances and God's favor upon God's people will assuredly lead many individuals, families and churches to a place of confidence in knowing that God truly desires that we prosper in all areas of our lives.
The current global economic crisis is not a time for those who believe in the One who has full authority over all things to shrink and fade away-it is however a time for us to boldly proclaim those things that the Lord has already given us. Pastor Butler says,
About the Author
Andre Butler is a husband, father, author and an award-winning pastor with 13 years in ministry with 13 books. He is president of Andre Butler Ministries (www.AndreButler.TV) and senior pastor of the 4,000-member church, Faith Christian Center in
For Booking Contact: Pam Perry, Ministry Marketing Solutions email@example.com (248) 426-2300
So we begin our formidable efforts by assembling talented book industry professionals and peers to serve as Judges in the awards program and announcing the winners at the preeminent book industry event, in North America, Book Expo America, in May 2009. Both these well-planned strategic moves position each winner to receive increased visibility, credibility, industry exposure and adds a legitimacy to the Self-Published Author industry.
All the books entered have excellent titles, content, beautiful covers and if I were one of the judges they would all win! However, we want the process to be credible and without bias and have gathered those who will use a non-biased Judging Criteria based upon a 100% point scale to determine the Award Category (Gold, Silver, Bronze).
The winners will be notified by April 30th providing each with an opportunity to make plans to attend the BEA and the Book Award Reception, to be held May 28, 2009 at the Antioch Baptist Church Banquet Hall. All winners will receive two (2) complimentary tickets to the Reception, Awarded their Medal and given 25 Medal Seals for placement on their books. Winners will also receive discounted passes to the BEA.
In addition, to show appreciation for all the book submissions, DBC will promote each book on its website for six months at no cost to the author-which provides free promotion and will drive business to your website. It's a win-win for all involved!
Blessings and Success,